Sunday, September 30, 2018

This art work made an impression on me because of how dark the image is. It feels kind of mysterious to me. Using my imaginations I can picture different scenarios on who these people were. Their faces tell some sort of story. The little girl may have grown up without her parents and I can make a connection to this because I have many family/friends that have gone through situations like this. I would like to know more about the story of this art work.

-George Wesley Bellows-





This artwork made me smile a lot because of the faces these men are making. I love the colors and movements of it, it looks so natural. These people look like they`re just going through their everyday life having fun doing what they love. I can make a connection with this piece because this is exactly how I look when I'm with my friends having fun. I would like to know why the artist chose to make this piece and what it means to him.

-Jehan Georges Vibert-



The setting of this painting and the bright colors of the people in the painting is what popped out the most. She's holding something that also looks like another painting. I like the movement of the painting on the walls.












This piece popped out to me because of how simple it looks. One side looks like a pencil drawing and the other looks like a painting. It kind of looks unfinished which is very interesting. I want to know why he created it this way.






This a piece I automatically thought about putting in my room. I love the movements its making and how dark the colors get on the bottom. It looks very satisfying. I feel like the artist just painted his emotions and I would like to know if I'm right about that.

-Barnaby Furnas-






This stood out to me because it looked different. The object on the right looks like a shape of a gun.  I feel like this is something I would redraw myself just because of all the shapes it has.

3 comments:

  1. I really liked your choice of artwork and your posts on them. I agree with all you said of the paintings especially the second one, about how it looks like their having fun in their everyday lives and I liked how you related back to your personal experience too! I love your choices of artwork also a lot, they are all very different and catch my for different reasons, the mood, color, shapes. Really good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the piece you chose from Barnaby Furnas. The movement and emotion in this painting is very captivating and thought provoking. I would also like to know that the inspiration behind this painting is because it seems like he put a lot of raw emotion into creating this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the paintings you chose for your project! Looking at them gives off a subtle energy that they all share. I like that they could all be a still life from different worlds and times. I also really like your reasons for why you like them!

    ReplyDelete